Pumpkin seeds are found in pumpkins. Pumpkin seeds can be processed into kuaci which contains many benefits. But not only pumpkin seeds are useful, pumpkin also has many benefits, including being able to be processed to make various kinds of food recipes. Pumpkin fruit itself is widely processed into pumpkin compote, pumpkin-flavored sponge cake, pumpkin-flavored pudding and donuts made from pumpkin. In this day and age, there are many books that discuss various kinds of pumpkin recipes. So you don’t have to worry about finding the right way to process it. Can be adjusted according to the wishes of the audience.
In addition to the fruit, pumpkin seeds also have a myriad of benefits in it. Pumpkin seeds have many health benefits that many people don’t know about. So when processing the fruit, it is advisable not to throw away the pumpkin seeds. But set aside pumpkin seeds for processing because the health content contained in pumpkin seeds is very good for the body.
Definition of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is the fruit of the pumpkin tribe, which is commonly found in Indonesia. Its Latin name is cucurbita moschata. This fruit comes from the American continent, namely Mexico. And now it has spread to almost all over the world, especially in Indonesia. This fruit thrives in Indonesia because it has a suitable temperature for this plant, namely hot temperatures. This fruit has the characteristics of a long fruit and some are round. This fruit has a very fast growth with an average of 350 grams in a day.
Contents In Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds contain 26 calories per 100 grams, 340 mg potassium, 1 mg sodium, 1 g protein, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B 12, vitamin C and vitamin B 6.
- Calories are the amount of energy obtained from food consumed for the body that is used for daily activities.
- Potassium is a mineral needed by the body that is found in body cells. Potassium has many benefits, one of which regulates water levels in the body.
- Sodium is a positive ion found in the body that contains 60 percent of the body’s cell fluids.
- Protein is a substance needed by the body found in plants and animals.
- Magnesium serves to help the processing of protein digestion for muscle health.
- Vitamin A functions for the health of the sense of sight and also helps boost the body’s immune system. Vitamin A is found in carrots, liver, fish oil and milk.
- Vitamin D functions to maintain immunity from disease.
- Vitamin C serves to overcome canker sores, facilitate the absorption of iron in the body. Vitamin C is found in oranges and lemons.
- Vitamin B 12 works for the formation of blood cells, especially red blood cells.
- Vitamin B 6 serves to maintain heart health because consumption of whole grains is good for heart health.
Related article : Benefits of B vitamins for the body
The benefits of pumpkin seeds can have a good impact on body health. Some of the benefits of pumpkin seeds are:
1. Pumpkin seeds treat diabetes
Pumpkin seeds can be used to treat diabetes. Diabetes is caused by excessive levels of sugar in the blood. So insulin cannot be used by the body optimally. Diabetes can be caused by several factors, including genetic factors, which occurs if there is a family history of diabetes. In addition to genetic factors above, an unhealthy lifestyle in daily life can also be the cause. For that always pay attention to the nutritional content contained in food. Well, for pumpkin seeds that have properties in being able to control blood sugar levels so that they are always normal. So it never hurts to try.
2. Pumpkin seeds prevent heart disease
Pumpkin seeds to prevent heart disease. As is known, heart disease is one of the leading causes of death every year. The heart is a vital organ that functions to pump blood throughout the body. Prevention of heart disease is very important because its function is very important for human life.
Some seeds can help to prevent heart disease, one of which is pumpkin seeds. This is because pumpkin seeds contain elements of magnesium in it. Magnesium is also found in abundance in spinach benefits, soy milk benefits, benefits of chocolate and potato benefits.
3. Pumpkin seeds help the formation of red blood cells
One of the functions of the liver in humans is to perfect red blood cells and form red blood cells. The role of the liver can be supported by consuming pumpkin seeds which contain vitamin B 12.
Following the benefits of vitamin B 12 :
- Healthy skin
- Provides energy for the body
- Make the nervous system healthy
- Reduce the risk of various cancers
4. Pumpkin seeds contain antioxidants
Antioxidants are compounds that can slow down the oxidation reaction in the body on a small scale. antioxidant benefits very much for the body, one of which is to help fight free radicals that cause premature aging. Antioxidants are also found in the benefits of vegetablesfruits and cauliflower seeds.
5. Pumpkin seeds are a source of fiber
Pumpkin seeds also contain natural fiber. Benefits of fiber needed by the body to launch the digestive system. The digestive system is very important to process the food eaten to be filtered as nutrients. and unfiltered food is removed from the body because it is no longer used.
How to Process Pumpkin
Pumpkin seeds can be processed in the following ways according to the tastes of connoisseurs, one of which is by processing pumpkin seeds into manfaat biji kwaci healthy pumpkin for consumption:
- Pumpkin seeds from ripe yellow pumpkin
- Cut two ripe yellow pumpkins. Then separate the pumpkin seeds from the yellow pumpkin that has been cut.
- Take a pot and add pumpkin seeds, salt and water to taste.
- After boiling, remove it and place it in a container to dry in the sun.
After the pumpkin seeds dry, the pumpkin seeds can be consumed. So there is no harm in making pumpkin seeds as a substitute for healthy snacks.