Papaya is a fruit that comes from South America, namely Mexico. With the help of the spread of traders in ancient times papaya fruit can arrive in Indonesia. Not only that, planting papaya trees which are relatively easy also makes this tree grow in Indonesia and is much loved by the public. This is because besides being easy to get, the price of one papaya is also cheap and fits in the pocket. The Latin name of this papaya fruit is Carica Papaya.
This tropical fruit has bright orange flesh and when it is ripe, the papaya flesh will change color to ripe orange. Papaya fruit is very fresh when consumed on a hot day. The trick is to cut the papaya fruit into pieces and then put it in the refrigerator to be enjoyed afterwards. In addition, papaya fruit was also widely consumed by processing it into fruit soup. So it tastes even more delicious to eat. According to research papaya fruit has a myriad of benefits for health and beauty. And also all parts of the papaya tree have their respective functions.
Related article :
On the other hand, the trunk of the papaya tree can also be used in several fields according to its function. The trunk of the papaya tree has a high characteristic without branches. Papaya tree height also varies depending on the type. Usually the highest papaya tree height can reach 300 centimeters. Papaya tree trunks also contain white sap. Here are some of the ingredients contained in papaya stems:
- Carbohydrates that have a function as additional energy in carrying out daily activities are 5.24%. (Also read: Benefits of carbohydrates)
- Fiber is not only papaya fruit which has fiber content but the trunk of the papaya tree also has fiber ranging from 2.74%. (Also read: Benefits of fiber)
- The next protein with a percentage of 0.32%. (Also read: Benefits of protein)
- The water content in papaya stems is 82.3%. (Also read: Benefits of water)
That is the content of the substances contained in papaya stems after further investigation. And for the benefits obtained from this substance, it can vary from making snacks to sweets.
After knowing the content of papaya stems, the next step is to know the benefits of papaya stems. Until now, not many people know the benefits of papaya stems. This is because socialization about the benefits of papaya stems has not been evenly distributed in almost all parts of Indonesia. Even though the use of papaya stems has long been done to make sweets. The following is a review of some of the benefits of papaya stems in daily life:
1. Sweets from papaya stems
You must have eaten sweets that come from fruits. Generally in the market, many markets make sweets derived from mango, pineapple and nutmeg. However, most sweets are also made from papaya stems. Because sweets made from papaya stems are guaranteed safe for consumption. If you want to make sweets from papaya stems, the tools needed include:
- Medium size pot.
- Spatula, machete, knife, scale, sieve and medium size plate.
And for the basic ingredients that need to be there is the base of the papaya stem, white sugar, lime and salt. These four ingredients must be present and ready to make sweets from papaya stems. For the work steps to make sweets from papaya stems, the method is as follows:
- Cut the base of the papaya stem with a length of 14 centimeters.
- The base of the papaya stem is then peeled off using a knife. Take the inside of the stem and then use a scale to see if it weighs about 1 kilogram.
- The base of the papaya stem is then split into four parts that have the same size between one another. Next sliced premises thickness of about 2 centimeters.
- After slicing the papaya stem, it was soaked in lime water for one full day. Then wash with clean and running water.
- The sliced papaya stems that have been washed clean were soaked again but with salt water for about 10 minutes and then drained. Use only two tablespoons of salt dissolved in the water.
- Heat the stove and place the skillet on it. then put the sliced papaya stems into the cauldron, add one kilogram of sugar with a medium flame. Mix the two ingredients together until they are completely smooth.
- After the slices of the papaya stem changed both in terms of color and shape. You can lift the cauldron and turn off the fire. But keep in mind you still have to stir the two ingredients until the sugar dries and hardens on the papaya stem.
Furthermore, if it has dried and hardened, candied papaya stems can be consumed with a delicious taste. Based on research, sweets from papaya stems do not contain toxic materials and chemicals that are harmful to the health of the body.
Maybe it’s the first time you’ve heard of lunkhead made from papaya stems. Actually, making dodol from papaya stems has the same taste as other dodol. The initial idea of making lunkhead from papaya stems was the discovery of student research. Curious how to make dodol with a good taste with papaya stems? The following are the materials that must be provided and the supporting tools, namely cauldrons, stoves, pans, grinding machines, knives and filters. For the ingredients are papaya fruit, papaya stems, brown sugar, vanilla and old coconut.
The steps for doing it are as follows:
- The papaya fruit is peeled and rinsed clean.
- The papaya stems are also peeled so that only the inside is left using a knife.
- Then the papaya stems are boiled which aims to remove the compounds that have a bitter taste in the papaya stems. These compounds are called alkaloids.
- The skin of the old coconut is peeled, then the contents of the coconut are grated. Squeeze to take the coconut milk so that the coconut milk juice is really obtained.
- Then the papaya stems that have been boiled are removed and mashed. Then squeeze the papaya stem that was mashed to get the water.
- The last step is to heat the skillet and add the juice from the papaya stem, also add coconut milk from old coconut, vanilla and brown sugar into it.
- Stir continuously until the ingredients have thickened.
After the material has thickened, it can be removed and allowed to stand for about an hour. Furthermore lunkhead from papaya stems can be enjoyed together. It’s not easy to make lunkhead from this papaya stem. You can try to do it at home yourself. (Also read: The benefits of pumpkin dodol)
3. Chips from papaya stems
The next benefit of papaya stems is making chips from papaya stems. So far all we know is chips from cassava. But who would have thought that papaya stems can also be made as chips. Here are the steps for making chips from papaya stems:
- Take a papaya stem with a length of about 30 centimeters from the base of the papaya stem itself.
- After that, peel the papaya skin with a thickness of about one centimeter or it can also be used as a benchmark for the white papaya stem inside.
- Wash the papaya stem and slice it thinly like the chips that are commonly found.
- Then boiled papaya stems that have been sliced earlier for thirty minutes. Just soaked in water whiting for about two hours.
- Heat a skillet with oil on the stove. Once hot, add the sliced papaya stems to fry until crisp.
After being fried in a skillet, the last step to make chips from papaya stems is to put them in the oven at a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius. Then the chips from the papaya stem can be consumed directly or put in a jar so that it does not become soft due to colds. (Also read: Benefits of skin crackers )
Those are some of the benefits obtained from papaya stems to make snacks to sweets. If you want to try it at home, you can follow the steps one by one according to the instructions above. Good luck.