You can have Soda Bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soda Bread
- You need 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 g of wholemeal flour.
- Prepare 1 handful of pinhead oats.
- Prepare 100 g of rolled porridge oats.
- It’s 500 ml of buttermilk.
- It’s 25 g of butter softened.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need of Optional seeds or oats for topping.
Soda Bread step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and then rub in the butter..
- Add the buttermilk and honey.
- I use an 8inch round tin because I think it fits perfectly into it but grease your tin and pour the mixture in. Top with additional oats or seeds. Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, extra porridge oats or poppy seeds are all great but these would just be my preference..
- Cook at 200°C for 30mins. Tap the cake to see if it sounds hollow..
- Turn out onto a cooling rack to stop the bottom of your cake from getting sweaty..