Today many people are obese or overweight. This phenomenon is increasingly mushrooming as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle. Lack of exercise and poor eating habits are the main factors for the proliferation of this phenomenon. But actually it is very easy to overcome obesity that plagues our bodies. With regular exercise and maintaining a healthy diet, it is enough to overcome obesity. Yes, with diet we can overcome weight problems that haunt our minds. There are many diet menus, but what we will review today is green beans. Why green beans? Because it turns out that green beans have many benefits for a diet program. Here will be reviewed about the benefits of green beans for the diet.
diet related articles:
Green beans are green palawija that can be processed into a variety of delicious menus. Green beans are widely known in the tropics. Green beans have many benefits and become one of the important food ingredients in Indonesia. Green beans have a high protein content and can be a diet menu for people who are losing weight. Why can green beans be a diet menu? Because green beans have many benefits for the body in the weight loss process. Here are some of the benefits of green beans for the diet.
- Lose weight
People who are on a diet will keep their weight tight so they need to keep the intake absorbed by the body. Because of this strict supervision, usually many people will try hard to control their appetite so that many people who go on a diet will suffer and fail because they are unable to control their appetite. This can be overcome by eating green beans, because green beans contain high fiber. This high fiber will help people withstand hunger because high fiber is able to make people full longer. This will certainly suppress the intake of food that enters the body so that the diet can run smoothly. In addition, green beans also have healthy fat levels and are able to reduce cholesterol in the blood.
- Helps speed up digestion
In addition to reducing food intake, dieting can also be done by removing excess food reserves in the body. Therefore digestion is an important part of this problem. Because green beans are high in fiber, green beans will help the digestive organs to digest food better. So that the process of removing food waste will be smooth and not accumulate in the body. Of course this will help the diet program in achieving the ideal body weight.
- Helps maintain energy metabolism and helps the formation of body cells.
When dieting, people usually do exercise to burn excess fat. At this time the body will experience excessive energy drain so that the body will weaken. In addition, reduced food intake will make the body weaker as well. This is where the role of green beans is needed. Green beans help the formation of energy in the body needed in the process of exercise and diet. In addition, green beans also help the body to form body cells. This will certainly benefit people who are on a diet because during exercise the muscles will be more easily formed through the help of green beans.
- Helps absorb nutrients
Research reveals a deficiency of B vitamins makes the emptying time of the stomach and intestines two times slower. This will affect the absorption of nutrients and allow nutrients not to be absorbed properly. Green bean sprouts have enzymes that help the absorption of nutrients in the body so that people who are on a diet will still get adequate nutrition even though food intake is reduced. In addition, it prevents the accumulation of dirt in the stomach and intestines.
Those are some of the benefits of green beans for people who are on a diet. Green beans have many benefits like that because the content in green beans is so good for the body. Here are some of the content of green beans that are beneficial for the body.
- Protein, green beans are a high source of vegetable protein. The protein content in green beans is around 7 grams per 100 grams. In addition, the protein in green beans has complete amino acids.
- Rich in fiber, the fiber content of green beans is 7.6 grams per 100 grams of green beans. This shows that green beans have met our body’s daily fiber needs by 30%. Fiber helps prevent constipation and improves digestion.
- Low carbohydrates, carbohydrates contained in green beans are low at 19gr per 100gr. That is a number that is quite low and is well consumed for diet programs and body muscle building programs.
- Healthy fats, fatty acids contained in green beans are omega 3 (0.9gr/100gr) and omega 6 (119mg/100gr). These fatty acids are fatty acids that are useful for lowering cholesterol in the blood.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, green beans contain high levels of folic acid and B vitamins, which is around 0.2gr per 100gr. In addition, green beans also contain other B vitamins such as riboflavin, B6, pantothenic acid, and niacin. Green beans also contain high minerals. There is potassium (266mg), phosphorus (99mg), manganese (48mg), calcium (27mg), magnesium (0.3mg), iron (1.4mg), zinc (0.8mg), and selenium (2.5µg).
- Rich in active enzymes, sprouted green beans have active enzymes that are good for the body. Enzymes such as amylase are very good for the absorption and formation of energy. This enzyme will be damaged at temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. So it is highly recommended not to process green beans with temperatures that are too high.
Thus the content of green beans is so rich. No wonder green beans have many benefits, especially for those of you who are on a diet program. It’s okay to do a diet as long as you pay attention to the nutrients your body needs, green beans can be your diet solution. Hopefully this article is useful and thank you.