The stomach is a very important organ, especially in the digestive process. Every food and drink that enters the mouth, will then be further processed in the stomach before being swallowedtransfer throughout the body via the intestines. Even if the food we eat is not chewed properly in the mouth, the stomach will still process it. So, the stomach can be analogized as machine major part of the digestive process. However, sometimes there can be a problem in the stomach that often causes health problems. The most common gastric disease in humans is stomach ulcers.
Gastritis is one of the most common diseases that attack the stomach. Pain or pain that arises in the stomach is caused by inflammation which can then be accompanied by nausea, heartburn, vomiting, and even headaches. In general, there are two types of stomach ulcers, namely:
- Acute gastritis: inflammation occurs only in the gastric mucosa.
- Chronic gastritis: inflammation has occurred more widely (not only in the gastric mucosa only) so that the pain caused is greater (chronic ulcer).
The symptoms of an ulcer are flatulence, pain and tenderness in the abdominal area and around the chest, frequent belching, nausea and vomiting and pain during bowel movements. Generally, ulcer disease occurs when a person has an unhealthy lifestyle, irregular eating patterns, fatigue, and stress. Heartburn that is not treated properly can become chronic which can lead to further health problems. In fact, chronic gastritis will be increasingly difficult to cure.
Indeed, the best way to deal with ulcers is to rearrange your diet and improve your lifestyle. Eating a balanced diet coupled with regular exercise, and not forcing the body to work can help overcome ulcers even without treatment. In addition, it is also necessary to avoid consuming foods that can trigger stomach acid that causes stomach ulcers to recur. The best thing is that you can identify the types of foods that can help reduce your ulcers such as green vegetables and fruits. For fruit, it is recommended to consume those containing high potassium because it is able to maintain a balance of acid levels in the stomach.
Getting to know Dragon Fruit
Before being known as Dragon Fruit, fruit originating from the mainland of Central and North America was first known as pitahaya or red dragon fruit. Then called dragon fruit because of the shape of the skin which is similar to the skin of Chinese mythical animals; Dragon. At first it was only used as an ornamental plant, but then it became increasingly popular and began to be widely consumed because of the fresh fruit taste and high water content. In addition to its taste, people later found out that dragon fruit also contains many benefits, including being able to cure various diseases. So, plants that are still included in the cactus family are increasingly popular.
Efficacy of Dragon Fruit for Ulcer Patients
It’s not just a myth that dragon fruit can be used as an alternative to treat various diseases. All of this is based on evidence that dragon fruit contains many nutrients that are very useful, especially for maintaining the health of the human body.
Dragon fruit contains rich multivitamins and minerals. This fruit also contains carbohydrates, acids, and proteins that are needed by the body. In addition, dragon fruit is also very good for digestive problems because it contains a lot of fiber so it is very safe for consumption.
In a study it was shown that dragon fruit has much higher levels of antioxidants and vitamin C compared to fruits such as apples or oranges blueberry. That’s what causes dragon fruit to be used as a natural alternative to treat and prevent various diseases. In fact, with its rich nutritional content, dragon fruit is actually good for stomach health and will not affect even those of you who have ulcer disease. That’s why dragon fruit is safe for consumption.
Dragon fruit is one of the recommended fruits for you to overcome the problem of ulcer disease. Its diverse nutritional content is very good for maintaining a healthy body. Here are the benefits of dragon fruit for ulcer sufferers:
- Dragon fruit contains very high levels of potassium. potassium benefits it is important to maintain the pH balance in the stomach so that the gastric acid level remains balanced.
- Content the benefits of vitamin C which is rich in dragon fruit helps increase the body’s resistance so it is not susceptible to disease.
- Dragon fruit is rich in content fiber benefits so it is very helpful in the process of digestion of food that enters the body. According to studies conducted, it turns out that dragon fruit can also help increase probiotics in the body.
- Dragon fruit helps prevent exposure to carcinogenic free radicals. Its rich fiber and mineral content can prevent the digestive tract from getting cancer such as colon cancer which is very disturbing in the digestive process.
- Ulcer is usually caused by most often due to irregular eating patterns. If this is because you are busy, then you should be able to manage your time better or outsmart in any way so you don’t forget your mealtime. If this diet becomes chaotic due to a lack of appetite, then dragon fruit can be a solution for heartburn as well as increase your appetite. Because dragon fruit contains vitamins B1 and B2 which are very good for increasing appetite. In addition, the content the benefits of vitamin B It also helps with nausea caused by an ulcer.
Solution for ulcer sufferers:
So that you don’t hesitate in consuming dragon fruit, here are some other benefits of dragon fruit:
- Helps facilitate urination
- Overcoming asthma
- Can lower cholesterol
- Prevent heart disease and healthy heart
- Overcoming high blood pressure
- Help relieve fever
- Lose weight so good for diet
- Helps to smooth the circulatory system
- As a natural blood enhancing supplement
- Help maintain eye health
- Neutralizing toxins in the body
- Lowers fat levels in the body
- Prevent diabetes (diabetes)
- Prevent constipation
- Maintain oral health
Other benefits of dragon fruit:
In its use to treat ulcer disease, dragon fruit you need is according to taste. It can be red, white, or yellow dragon fruit. There is no special way to process it. In other words, you can directly consume the flesh of the fruit to be eaten directly or can process it into juice. With notes; The best way to make juice is to not add artificial sweeteners or milk. Enough with a mixture of dragon fruit flesh and additional water to taste. That way, its usefulness will be more awake.