This beautiful fruit is very popular, because it has a charming red color and a distinctive sour taste. Yes, strawberry is a fruit that is often found in highland areas and cold temperatures. In addition to direct consumption, strawberries are also produced into food ingredients such as jams, beverage products or sweeteners in cakes.
So do not be surprised if the strawberry fruit has been widely cultivated. This strawberry fruit is also more special with its advantages that are able to treat beauty and benefit health, here is the review.
Strawberry Benefits For Beauty Care
Strawberries are not only delicious, but have been shown to provide beauty benefits that work for skin and hair. Strawberry extract is often used in beauty products from leading brands. Apart from that, strawberry extract can be made yourself for natural beauty treatments, such as the following ((stylecraze.com, 25 Best Benefits Of Strawberries For Skin, Hair And Healthaccessed 19 November 2014 )) :
1. Skin Cleanser
Strawberry has cleansing properties:
- Strawberry extract is often used as an ingredient in skin cleansers, facial soaps and rejuvenating face masks because it contains vitamin C, salicylic acid, antioxidants and exfoliants.
- Salicylic acid removes dead cells from the face while tightening pores.
- Ellagic acid is an antioxidant that fights skin damage and maintains skin youthfulness.
- Thus, strawberries are able to lift dirt, soften the skin and provide protection against pollution.
2. Skin Toner
Strawberry is used as a skin toner:
- Puree the strawberry until it becomes a juice extract. Mix two teaspoons of strawberry extract, with 50 ml of rose water and chill in the refrigerator.
- You can use it as a toner to remove wrinkles. This juice can be stored for 10 days.
3. Improve Skin
- The vitamin C in strawberries allows the body to repair the tissues involved in making collagen.
- Collagen is water soluble and this vitamin cannot be stored in the body and must be provided from food sources.
- A cup of strawberries provides 100% of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of vitamin C, which plays an important role in repairing damaged skin.
4. Alami Conditioners
- Strawberries can add extra shine to your hair.
- Mash 7 to 8 ripe strawberries and add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to make a smooth paste
- Apply to hair and scalp, cover with shower cap for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair and shampoo as usual. This strawberry paste acts as a natural conditioner to give hair a natural shine.
5. Foot Scrub
This strawberry scrub will remove cracked skin on the surface of the feet
- Mash 6 to 8 strawberries and mix with a few drops of glycerin and oats
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes. Gently rub the feet to exfoliate dead cells and rough skin.
- Wash your feet with cold water and rub your feet with foot cream
6. Reduce Eye Bags
Substances in strawberries can reduce puffiness and circles under the eyes, how:
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices
- Lie down and place the strawberry slices under your eyes and relax for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water before going to bed
Strawberry Benefits for Health
Wild strawberries have been popular since ancient Roman times and were used for various medicinal purposes such as reducing inflammation, fever, kidney stones, bad breath, gout and many more. Here are some of the benefits of strawberries for health, in various studies (((medicalnewstoday.com, What are the health benefits of strawberries?accessed 19 November 2014)) :
7. Prevent Hypertension
Not only banana benefits which contains high amounts of potassium, but strawberries are also highly recommended for people with high blood pressure, by negating the effects of sodium in the body. Low potassium intake is tantamount to developing risk factors for high blood pressure. According to the National Examination of Health and Nutrition Survey, less than 2% of adults in the US meet the daily recommended potassium of 4700 mg.
8. Allergies and Asthma
Consuming strawberries will provide the anti-inflammatory effect of quercetin. Strawberries can help relieve allergy symptoms including a runny nose, watery eyes and itching, although no human studies have been conducted to substantiate this theory. Several studies have shown that asthma cases are lower with high intakes of certain nutrients, such as vitamin C.
9. Regulates Blood Sugar
Strawberries have a low glycemic index and are high in fiber, which helps regulate blood sugar to remain stable to avoid extreme increases or decreases in sugar levels. Researchers recently found that eating around 37 strawberries a day significantly reduced diabetes complications such as kidney disease and neuropathy. The results of this study indicate that fisetin, a flavonoid, supports the survival of growing neurons, along with the prevention of complications of both kidneys.
10. Promote Digestion
Eat foods that have a high water content and are fortified in fiber such as those found in grape benefits, watermelon benefitsa day melon benefits This can help the body to excrete food waste more easily. This fiber is very important to minimize constipation problems and launch a bowel movement.
11. Overcoming Stroke
The antioxidants quercetin, kaempferol, and anthocyanins have all been shown to reduce dangerous blood clots associated with stroke. Potassium has also been widely associated with a reduced risk of stroke.
12. Cancer Prevention
As mentioned above, strawberries contain powerful antioxidants that work against free radicals, inhibit tumor growth and reduce inflammation in the body.
Benefits Based on the nutritional content
Based on its nutritional content, strawberries have many benefits, especially with the abundant vitamin C content of this fruit. Here are the benefits of its nutritional content.
- Fight cancer cells
- Repair skin tissue
- Improve mood
- Prevent heart attack
- Prevent hypertension
- Improve eye health
- Reduce cold complications
- Prevent stroke
- Prevent premature aging
- Prevent thrush
- Reduces internal heat
- Clean the blood
- Protects the health of the nasal cavity
- Launching male reproductive function
- Healthy ovarian function in women
- Strengthens baby’s placenta
- Maintain fetal health
- Sources of antioxidants
- Maintain immunity
- Healthier eyes
- Cell growth
- Carry oxygen throughout the body
- Prevent anemia
- Body temperature regulator
- Help the nervous system
- Improve brain function
- Maintain muscle function
- Helps metabolism
- Good for pregnant women
- Healthy fetus
- Improve posture
- Prevent osteoporosis
- Helps blood clot
- Burn fat
- Strengthen teeth
- Maintain blood pressure
- Helps strengthen the heart muscle
- Prevent kidney stones
- Prevent high blood
- Producing enzymes
Strawberry Fruit Health Risks
The “Environmental Working Group” recommends listing fruits and vegetables annually, which contain the highest levels of pesticide residues, known as Dirty Dozen. Strawberries are included in one of the list of these foodstuffs. This shows that, buying organic versions of the fruit will be better, to ensure lower pesticide risk.
Beta blockers are the type of drugs most often prescribed for people with heart disease, which function to increase potassium levels in the blood. Foods that are high in potassium should be consumed in moderation while taking beta blocker medications.
Consuming foods that contain too much potassium can be dangerous for people with impaired kidney function. If the kidneys are unable to remove excess potassium in the blood, this can be fatal.