The benefits of honey are very numerous, in addition to health honey is also useful for various diseases and other complaints related to the human body. Liquid Honey is one of the liquid objects that are very magical and very powerful and beneficial for the health of the body. Different from fruit benefitsin this honey liquid can be used and used to treat various diseases and complaints such as curing canker sores, increasing immunity, eliminating acne and so on.
The health benefits of honey are many and very diverse. One of the benefits of honey is that it can increase our body’s stamina. So it’s not surprising that there are lots of advertisements for healthy food and drinks to increase stamina on TV, which always contain and place honey even in small amounts.
Benefits of Honey
The benefits of honey for health, there are at least more than 10 benefits that are very good for health. Another benefit of honey that many people may already know is as a natural sweetener for drinks or other food ingredients. Different from soursop leaf benefitsBesides being beneficial for the health of the body, it turns out that honey can also be useful for the beauty of facial and body skin.
Besides being easy to obtain, the method used is also quite easy and quite saves time and energy. Benefits of White Water and honey is very good for health.
The benefits of honey for health are as follows:
1. Eliminate Cough
A 2007 study from Penn State College of Medicine involving 139 children, found that honey is very effective in relieving coughs. The dextromethorphan (DM) in honey can soothe coughs at night for children and improve their sleep quality.
Another study published in Pediatrics conducted on 270 children aged 1-5 who had a cough at night due to a cold. In this study, children who drank two teaspoons of honey 30 minutes before bed experienced a decrease in cough intensity compared to those who did not drink honey.
2. Prevent Cancer and Heart Disease
Two of the most dangerous diseases on earth can also be done by consuming honey. Substances found in honey contain flavonoids, antioxidants that help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer and heart disease.
Good for cancer and heart disease:
3. Improve memory
According to research reported by Reuters, 102 menopausal women are required to consume 20 grams of honey a day. After four months, those who consumed honey had improved short-term memory.
Good for improving memory:
4. A complete source of nutrition
Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals needed by the body including niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Well … with the consumption of honey this means that we provide significant benefits to provide substances to our bodies that are useful in the short and long term.
5. Effective in Removing Wounds
In various studies honey has been declared effective in treating wounds. In a study in Norway, honey therapy used Medihoney (New Zealand honey that underwent a special purification process) and Norwegian Forest succeeded in killing various bacteria contained in the wound.
In another study, 59 patients suffering from leg sores and ulcers, of which 80% had failed to heal with conventional treatment, were treated with unprocessed honey. All of them (except one case) showed a remarkable improvement after being smeared with honey. Wounds that were sterile at first, remained sterile until healed, whereas infected wounds and ulcers became sterile within one week of applying honey.
Method of use
For the treatment of burns and wounds, honey can be applied directly which is usually changed every 24 to 48 hours. When used directly, 15 mL to 30 mL of honey is applied every 12 to 48 hours and covered with sterile gauze or a bandage.
6. Alcohol metabolism
NYU Langone Medical Center revealed that honey taken directly will increase the body’s ability to metabolize alcohol. This ability will limit poisoning and reduce alcohol levels in the body more quickly.
7. Eliminate Allergies
Many people have tried and relied on honey’s ability to reduce symptoms of seasonal allergies. Honey has anti-inflammatory effects and is known to soothe coughs. But keep in mind the benefits of honey to treat allergies have not been proven in clinical studies. But there are some facts from experts who say that honey contains traces of flower pollen and exposure to allergens that work to combat allergic reactions.
Good for getting rid of allergies
8. Fights Bacteria
In clinical studies, honey has been shown to kill foodborne pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella, as well as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, both of which may be present in hospitals or clinics.
9. Potentially prevent low white cell count
The Mayo Clinic (an online health site) notes that honey can be used as a promising and inexpensive way to prevent low white blood cell counts caused by chemotherapy. In one small trial, 40 percent of cancer patients known to be at risk of neutropenia (very low blood count) had no further cell decline from this chemotherapy condition after consuming two teaspoons of honey daily during chemotherapy. More research is needed, but this herbal remedy has great potential.
10. Increase body metabolism
Honey is believed to be one of the important food sources to maintain the body’s metabolism. Obviously, this is because honey is a food that is very rich in healthy nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and various other nutrients.
11. Increase the Fertility of Husband and Wife
Now for this one problem I experienced myself, it happened to my brother who was late in getting a child. They have been married for two years and have not had any children. Where did they get information from when they tried honey to increase their fertility? But it turned out to be true, about 2 months of consuming this happy thing finally came. But of course this requires medical clinical trials.
Good for fertility:
12. Increase Stamina
If the benefits of honey on this one are no longer a secret, there is no need to prove it, why? almost all energy drinks put honey as an ingredient even though the dose is still very small to increase stamina. In addition, direct consumption of honey can also increase stamina when having a husband and wife relationship.
Good for stamina:
13. Prevent diabetes (Sugar Substitute)
Sugar and artificial sweeteners are a source of diabetes, one way to prevent diabetes is to consume minimal sugar. Although honey contains sugar, it is NOT the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. The right combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. Some honeys have a low hypoglycemic index, so they don’t cause a spike in your blood sugar.
Good for preventing diabetes:
In addition to overcoming and helping the health problems above, honey is also effective for:
- Overcoming allergies and acid
- Overcome stomach ache
- Prevent stress
- Reduce the risk of heart attack
- Prevent the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Prevent jaundice
- Prevent tumors in various parts of the body
In addition to the 20 benefits above, there are many more benefits of honey that we can use for various fields
Honey For Pregnant Women
- Increase energy and provide endurance during pregnancy
- Honey can increase the appetite of pregnant women
- Facilitate defecation for pregnant women
- Helping the fetus in the womb to grow normally and healthy
- Strengthen the Fetus
- Vitamin C found in honey is effective in increasing the brightness and endurance of pregnant women
- Honey helps reduce nausea
- Preventing the occurrence of hepatitis B in the fetus later
- Honey can prevent pregnant women from various diseases during pregnancy that may interfere with the fetus.
- Honey has very rich nutrients for the needs of mothers during pregnancy
Benefits of Honey for Face
In addition to health and pregnant women, honey has been used for facial skin beauty care since time immemorial. No wonder that since ancient times there have been many beauty products that use honey as an ingredient. Here are the benefits of honey for the face:
- Honey is trusted and has been used with a blend of other herbs to get rid of acne
- Honey is used with other herbs to remove blackheads
- Get rid of black spots
- Remove acne scars
- Brighten facial skin
- Shrink facial pores
- Makes facial skin look radiant and radiant
- Can be used as a face mask
- Can be used as an ingredient to clean facial skin from free radicals
- Gives a smoother facial skin.
Honey For Beauty
Apart from all the benefits that have been stated previously, honey has been known in various circles to be very helpful in the field of beauty, here are some of the roles of honey for the field of beauty
- Prevent premature aging
- Prevent skin wrinkles
- Prevent dark skin when old
- Prevent acne
- Honey can prevent skin irritation and allergies.
- Honey for black hair
- Honey to make hair stronger
- Honey removes split ends
- Honey to eradicate “Hair Fruits”
- Honey to make hair straighter
Tips for Using Honey
Honey is usually used in the 2 most common ways:
- Drink straight away. You can drink honey directly according to the recommended dose.
- Make a mask. For beauty treatments, usually honey will be used as a mask along with other herbs.
- Better not given to infants, Spores of Clostridium botulinum have been found even in a small percentage of honey in North America. It is harmless to adults and children, but babies can have serious reactions, especially those under 1 year of age. Do not add honey to baby food or use it as a sedative to soothe a fussy baby.
- Honey also contains sugar, so don’t consume it in excess, for example in one bottle. It has a high calorific value and will cause high sugar levels.
The benefits of honey for health are enormous, but of course it must be used wisely and don’t consume it excessively.