Catfish is a type of fish that is still in the same family as catfish, or you could say, similar to catfish. Catfish have whiskers that are useful for their claws, just like catfish. Catfish is one type of fish that is favored by the people of Indonesia, as evidenced by the many processed catfish that exist. Starting from the vegetable soup of catfish, catfish curry, to abon made from catfish meat.
Just like other types of fish, catfish has a savory and soft taste. Almost all parts of catfish can be consumed. The meat and head of catfish can be processed into delicious dishes, while the bones can be made into fish broth which is equally delicious. Catfish has become a favorite basic ingredient for types of food in Indonesia and has been proven to be liked by the community. Usually processed catfish contain complex spices, so that it presents a very appetizing taste.
As one type of fish that is much favored by Indonesians, catfish of course has many advantages that are good for us. Especially the benefits for health and fulfillment of nutritional intake in the body. The following are the benefits of catfish:
1. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
The meat of catfish can help in preventing the occurrence of diseases related to the cardiovascular system. This is due to the unsaturated fat present in catfish meat, which is very useful in preventing the occurrence of these diseases. The content of unsaturated fat in catfish meat reaches 50% of the total nutritional value contained in catfish.
2. Reduce cholesterol content
For those who have problems with cholesterol such as high cholesterol in the body, you can try consuming this catfish. The content of unsaturated fat can help reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in the body. Benefits like this, are also found in:
3. Prevent coronary heart disease
One type of chronic disease that can be prevented is coronary heart disease. Just like cholesterol and other cardiovascular diseases, the unsaturated fats contained in the benefits of catfish make the body avoid coronary heart disease. This is because unsaturated fats will not settle and block blood flow in the blood vessels.
4. Optimizing Baby Growth
For pregnant women, catfish can be beneficial for the health and growth of your fetus during pregnancy. This is due to the content of DHA and omega 3 benefits rich in catfish. Both substances are useful for:
- Maintaining the health of the fetus while in the womb
- Maintain normal fetal growth
- Keeping the fetus healthy
5. Helps build muscle
For those who are on a diet program to raise and strengthen muscles, catfish meat is very good for consumption. The high protein content of catfish meat makes catfish meat very effective for:
- Increase muscle mass
- Strengthen muscles
- Tighten muscles
- Maintain endurance and immunity
- Increase body strength
6. Maintain bone health
The bones and spines of catfish contain phosphorus and calcium benefits which is quite high. This high enough phosphorus and calcium content will help meet the body’s phosphorus and calcium needs in a day. In addition, calcium and phosphorus can also be useful for:
- Helps maintain healthy bones and teeth
- Strengthens bones and teeth
- Prevent osteoporosis
7. As a business area
One of the benefits of catfish, in addition to the health of our bodies can also support in terms of economy. You can try the catfish breeding business or you can also do the business of processed catfish. One type of processed catfish that has been successful is catfish floss. Of course, for those who are observant in seeing opportunities, catfish will be a source of health and also the main source of income.
Advantages of Catfish
Catfish itself, has several advantages that make this fish one of the favorites. These advantages include:
1. Tender and savory meat – One of the advantages of catfish is the texture of the meat which is savory and soft. This makes catfish a favorite of all people, especially in Indonesia.
2. Easy to find – Catfish is a type of fish that is easy to find. Almost every traditional and modern market sells this type of catfish. Catfish is also one type of fish that can be bred quite easily.
3. Almost all parts of catfish can be processed – Not only the meat and the head, the bones and spines of catfish can also be processed. Is abon catfish, which also involves the spines of catfish in its manufacture. This makes almost all parts of catfish can be processed and consumed.
4. Low cholesterol catfish – You have high cholesterol talent? Don’t worry, catfish is a type of fish that is low in cholesterol content. This is one of the most important advantages in the benefits of catfish, especially for those who have a talent for cholesterol disease or are on a diet.
5. High nutritional content – Catfish has a very high nutritional content. At least, catfish has a very high value of protein and unsaturated fat content. Both types of substances are very useful for the health of the body, to:
- Prevents fat accumulation and blockages in blood vessels
- Accelerate muscle growth
- Prevent the occurrence of various diseases, such as cardiovascular and coronary heart
Those are some of the benefits and advantages of catfish that can be obtained, not only the meat but the bones are also beneficial for our bodies, and are capable of economic value.